Kinds of Labels Generator Labels and Data Tags :
All generator set makers are required to introduce wellbeing names in touchy zones. Likewise, data marks are put on the engine, generator end and fenced in area. Generator set names can be isolated into the accompanying gatherings:
Information Tags – Includes engine information tag and generator tag. These labels give details on the engine and generator. This information is required while investigating the generator set and obtaining parts.
Alert Labels – Caution marks are for the most part yellow in shading. At the point when alert names are not taken after, gear harm can happen. Commonly, alert marks interface with peril or cautioning names.
Cautioning/Danger Labels – Warning or Danger marks are for the most part red in shading. On the off chance that directions on marks are not taken after, gear harm and individual damage and passing can come about.
Every maker plans and places their marks in fitting areas to help in activity, investigating and support. Following these marks safeguards a long and tried and true existence of your generator set. This article will isolate each kind of mark and give a short meaning of the substance. On the off chance that inquiries emerge on your unit dependably counsel with the producer of your unit or the gifted people at Diesel Service and Supply.
Information Tags :
Generator sets are partitioned into two fundamental frameworks:
- Engine – Provides data on the engine. Every producer varies to data provided.
- Power Generation – Provides data on the generator to incorporate association data.
Engine Data Tags :
At the point when the engine maker finishes building and testing of an engine an information tag is appended to the engine. These labels are usually called engine nameplates. This namepate data distinguishes the engine and supplies data that enables an expert to choose the proper specialized manual to keep up and investigate the engine. Cummins and Caterpillar engine information labels are incorporated into this article as cases.
Cummins Engine Tags :
Information labels and nameplates are secured to the engine in a simple to see area. In the event that the tag is absent on your engine or it can't be discovered contact Cummins Customer Assistance at Cummins Customer Assistance.
The engine information tag (Figure 1) is partitioned into the accompanying segments:
- Maker Identification – Supplies Company base camp area and contact data.
- Engine Identifier – The engine is a QSK60 Industrial arrangement engine.
- Engine Specifications – Separated into the accompanying zones:
o 2250 Brake Horsepower (BHP) and believers to (1678 kW) at 1800 RPM. BHP is the accessible power of engine assed by estimating the power expected to brake the engine.
o 7258 lb-ft of torque. This can be characterized as the winding turning power that is required to move one pound the separation of one foot around a pivot at a sweep of one foot (How curving power of an engine is estimated).
o Setup number supplies inner data on how the engine was amassed.
o Control Parts List (CPL) is inward reference number for the new parts of the engine.
o Update – Date of the product and engine hardware related with the engine.
Engine Displacement and Aspiration – Separated into the accompanying zones:
- Uprooting 3.661 in3 (60 L) – Engine dislodging is the volume all barrels can hold in blend.
- Yearning – is the technique air is provided to the engine. This engine uses a 2-organize turbocharger framework. The admission air framework is both intercooled and aftercooled. Two phase turbocharger frameworks comprise of a low-weight turbochargerm providing a high weight turbocharger.
- Fuel and Emissions – Separated into the accompanying zones:
- Pressure Ratio 14.5:1 – Compression proportion is characterized as the most extreme to least volume in the chamber in an interior burning engine.
- Fuel System Cummins MCRS – Modular Common Rail System is the freshest most effective high-weight fuel framework.
- Emanation Certification – Certified to EPA Tier 2 discharge level
Caterpillar Engine Tags :
Information labels are secured to the engine in a simple to see area. In the event that the tag is absent on your engine or it can't be discovered contact Caterpillar Maintenance and Support at Caterpillar Maintenance and Support.
- The engine information tag (Figure 2) is separated into the accompanying segments:
- Demonstrate Number – Identifies the engine as at Caterpillar C175-20.
- Producer – The engine is made by Caterpillar. Different duplicate right and enlisted images.
- Item Identification Number – CATC1752HBXR01224. This outlines the engine is a CAT C17520. HBXR01224 is the assembling segment of the number. This number is the number utilized while asking for administration or requesting parts.
- Maker Location – Supplies organization home office and assembling area data.
Power Generation :
At the point when the generator maker finishes building and testing of the generator an information tag is connected to it. This label supplies generator data. Also, essential data on the engine that enables specialist to choose fitting specialized manual to keep up and investigate the generator. Cummins/Onan and Caterpillar generator information labels are highlighted.
Cummins/Onan Generator Set Tags :
Figure 3 Cummins Onan Generator Data TagGenerator information labels are secured to the generator in a simple to see area. These labels are generally called electric engine nameplates. In the event that the nameplate or tag is absent on your generator or it can't be discovered contact Cummins Customer Assistance at Cummins Customer Assistance. The generator information tag (Figure 3) is separated into the accompanying areas:
Generator operating data as takes after:
- 24 VDC Battery bank required for generator set application.
- Generator pivoting speed is 1800 rpm.
- Generator evaluated at Nominal as standby power source.
Generator Specifications as take after:
Frequency is 60 HZ.
- Appraised for standby task just (numerous generators will demonstrate both standby and prime detail here).
- Three stage activity at 1250 kW (1562.5 KVA) with a 0.8 power factor. This is the yield of the generator.
- Producer Information – This incorporates fabricate area, generator model and serial numbers.
- Association data – Divided into VOLTS and AMPS segments. Supplies amperage draw for different voltage associations.
- Wiring graph number for investigating and association choices.
Caterpillar Generator Set Tags :
Generator information labels are secured to the engine in a simple to see area. On the off chance that the tag is absent on your engine or it can't be discovered contact Caterpillar Maintenance and Support at Caterpillar Maintenance and Support. The generator information tag (Figure 4) is partitioned into the accompanying areas:
Producer and Description – Caterpillar Generator Set
Generator Specification as takes after:
- Engine Model is 3508 produced in 2002.
- 1250 KVA, 1000 kW (yield power) 0.8 power factor at 60 Hz.
- Appraised for standby utilize.
Generator information as takes after:
- 3 Phase 6 wire generator that can be wired in Delta (wye) or Parallel (arrangement) setups by experts.
- Generator supplies 480 VAC with 1504 amps capacity
- Require 43 VAC at 8 amps to energize the recorded.
- 1800 rpm least required.
- Most extreme operating temperature 266°F (130°C) with a surrounding temperature of 104°F (40°C).
- Has class H protection in windings and can be worked at 3280 ft (1000 m).
- Generator serial number for requesting parts.
Alert Labels :
Caution names (Figure 5) are for the most part used to recognize hones that will make harm the generator set or related gear. Regularly, they are utilized as a part of introduction to a notice (double voltage supply on fenced in area with notice on electrical panel). There are a considerable number alerts, beneath are a few cases of the utilization of these labels:
Programmed Start – This can be set at doors to spaces or walled in areas educating of programmed begin all of a sudden or assent.
Support Required – This name is utilized to decide upkeep prerequisites and next investigation necessities. As every necessity is finished the marked is changed.
Crisis Generator – This would be situated outwardly of a walled in area or way to a generator room.
Double Supply – This is an enlightening name that would be set in closeness of a notice mark. Detachment data is provided.
Cautioning/Danger Labels :
Warning and Danger marks (Figure 6) are both viewed as an industry standard names. It is basic to take after the data contained in the mark. In the event that the data in the name isn't tailed it can bring about genuine damage, passing and hardware harm. The following are a couple of cases of warming labels in generator applications:
- Power Source peril name will show up at panels that have double power source. A name posting the areas to secure the source can be incorporated into the general territory.
- Circular segment Flash/Shock notices can be put at the generator association panel. This demonstrate voltage and the separation the blaze can broaden.
- High Voltage – Placed on all entrance focuses in the power age framework where high power associations exist.
- Carbon Monoxide – This can be put on debilitate point at introduced generators.Continuously on private portable generators. Operating generator without appropriate fumes can murder.
- Surface – Located on structures intended for administrator security yet not intended to remain on.